Saturday, November 01, 2008
















































Flags of the Sacred Harp


I was shocked to read the report of a charity ‘friendly’ football match between Scottish politicians Vs journalists.

Poor Chick Young (aged 57) was badly injured by a seething tackle. I know he does upset many readers & listeners, but he is ‘real’ & states his opinions he does not hide. The match had to be abandoned.

I managed to escape from my Literacies class on Wednesday night in time to catch the 2nd half of the Celtic Vs Killie in the Co-Op cup & what I witnessed reminded me of the good old Larsson days & why I am such a hoops fan. It was the passing move up to the 3rd goal, the sweetest piece of football I have seen in a long time. I know, why can’t they do this every time?

I often find myself driving between supermarkets on a Saturday afternoon at kick off time & later & I do hear a lot of football talk on & off the ball.

Radio Scotland has this game all sewn up, the reports, phone-ins, discussions, debates, verbal assaults……..etc ….could not happen anywhere else in the world. This is radio at it’s finest.

How can this be compared to the tv version. Tame announcers dribble on in such a soporific manner & most of them have had personality bypasses at some stage. Radio is where it’s at.

Back to the music, I am sure that you know the title above is Jackie O Motherfucker’s best psychedelic purple haze of orange sunshine.

No comments: