Sunday, November 16, 2008






































Hold the Latte, Make mine a Mate

Happy Highlander phoned from Angle Land & wanted to go & see Jim something @Tchai Ovna in Glasgow.

I did a little research & discovered it was a Jim Byrne & sent a text south. Another artist at the venue was also thrown into the mix to cause some confusion: a James Apollo was also listed.

Mrs B phoned & found out they were 1 & the same person a la Sir Vincent Lone?

My car was resting in the car hospital & in an attempt to save time I navigated my companeros through the rat runs west of Glasgow. Unfortunately this laid - back approach was unappreciated by an animated Highlander, who had to empty his bladder pronto.

Even when we had parked the car, my Randy Newman memory lapses caused me to re-trace my steps from the last time at this venue & this caused further delays & yet more confusion.

In the finest manyanna trip, we got there, got seated, emptied bladders & settled down with Che Guevara’s favourite tipple.

Twa Gauchos supped Rancho Mates like they were born to do so.

James Apollo was as good as his reviewers had stated. I don’t know if it was the overindulgence in the beverage, but I kept hearing tangos & for the band to finish with an outstanding version of Current 93’s ‘All the Pretty Horses’ was all too much for me as I had been listening to it that a.m.

Vaya Con Dios, Hasta la Vista & Vamos Muchachos.

No comments: