Sunday, November 16, 2008







































Jonny’s in the Trunk


Following up on an Eno’s ambient ‘Music for Airports’ kick & my own love of library musics (even although I am not that comfortable with the terminology- I mean it is not really music you would play in a library, it is rather a collection of stored music in order that you may want to use later, or not!).

Incidently Brian Eno’s recent appearance on ‘Question Time’ even although, each time he spoke he was cut short, was an inspiration.

However, here is a plea for ‘real’ library music, music you can play in a library environment.

What about music for say: toyshops, saunas, swimming pools, for the nursery, for the garden & other site-specific challenges e.g. music for the building site, the coastline, travel, the underground, mining, farmers….

My elder son I feel is convinced I have a screw loose as I was enjoying an outstanding album last week called yes you guessed it: ‘Music for Toyshops’ find it & surprise youself.

No comments: