Sunday, November 30, 2008






































Tie – Dyed Sounds


I find myself tucked into a little corner, where I am happy to hear unrecorded soundtracks to an unmade film, based on the tales of Carlos Castenada’s dances with the shamen.

Ceremonial/ritual/ethnic/jazzy/freakfolkery on the Sun Ra/Grateful Dead epic scale are what is keeping my little pot boiling over these cold, bitter days.

Luckily, there is so much of it available & I feel as if I am only in the process of scratching the surface of this goldmine.

Take this a.m. for instance, I am listening to a band called ‘Grass Magic’, who appear to have been up all night, lost in the forest until they happened upon Uton’s ragbag of found objects & noisemakers. As they sparked up the drone all crazy freakiness erupts. Splendid.

As my son’s midweek email suggests I might enjoy ‘High Places’, I am assuming he means the band & not an invitation for me to visit the Erskine Bridge.

I do not have the heart to tell him that sound is ‘so last month’ for me.

As I get older, it is interesting, I suppose, that friends & family, will testify, that I still listen to the strangest stuff.

No comments: