Sunday, November 30, 2008






































From the Sublime to the Slime



As I crash land into my 56th year & Celtic slip out of Europe, I limit myself to 2 memorable goals in my 5-a-side midweek match, whereas last week I was in doubleplusgood, double hat trick territory.

My listening pleasure drifts from my favourite, Balkan brass band: Besh O Drom ( now spending far too much time next door!) to the new live Gotan Project cd of modern tango.

Both of the above are sure cures for the winter blues. Currently I prefer my blues to be of the mangled, Loren Mazzacane Connors, variety.

Repeating again my love for the superb Jewelled Antler Library releases & thanks to it’s founder, Loren Chasse. It took me a little time to realise the difference betwixt the 2 Lorens, but for this sad, old geezer, there is only 1 Loren & that is the buxom Sophia.

No comments: