Thursday, May 01, 2008














































What is your favourite time of day?

My answer to this question would have to be between 7- 8 a.m. That pint of quality java & that first hit of tobacco & at present, musical accompaniment from either Charalambides or the Double Leopards.

The latter puts me in a very safe place, a haven, where I have a peaceful time to think.

Always the drone, we all come back to the drone. Is that why I love Ivor Cutler & his harmonium so much. Is that why William S. Burroughs’s drawl sits so comfortably in my memory.

Double Leopards wrap me in a warm blanket, a comfort zone, keep me grounded & force me to relax as the caffeine & nicotine do their job. One takes you up & one brings you down, echoing ‘White Rabbit’, alice & the Jefferson Airplane.

No comments: