Thursday, May 15, 2008
















































Lucky Pierre Vs Alice Coltrane

I recently acquired Lucky Pierre’s cd ‘Dip’. This is my 2nd album by Mr moffat’s other band. The previous one I had was ‘Hypnogogia’. Any cd that has a track title ‘Weir’s Way’ is way cool.

‘Hypnogogia had such an outstanding track: ‘Sometimes I feel Like a Motherless Child’?. I remember when I first heard this on Gilles Peterson’s show & I just had to run out & buy the album.

It is early days for me to know my way around ‘Dip’, but on initial plays, I am deeply impressed. I feel as if I am listening to some of Alice Coltrane’s deep, meditative grooves, while lying in a hot tub. The spirit of Satie is not far away either. I just want it to go on forever, but I suppose I can always hit ‘play’ again.

A recent visit to Gartocharn possibly brought Tom Weir into my head anyway. I met a chap there who wanted Duncryn Hill renamed after the wee man. It’s a funny thing about Scotland, it is jampacked full of many more wee men & of course those big hills.

No comments: