Saturday, May 24, 2008






































Shady Grove

I finally got to visit the fossil grove in Victoria Park. I had really wanted to see the spring flowers, as they looked spectacular glimpsed from the main road. I was disappointed when I saw them up close, they had passed their best.

I was shocked to discover that the fossil grove was actually open. This is the first time I have found it open. I like the building’s 1950s railway station look, however, I was less impressed with the interior & the same 1950’s lighting. Does it have to be dark & dingy?

Furthermore, I have more ancient fossils sitting in my garden, most of which were brought back from a petrified forest in the middle of a Saudi desert.

Yes, it was interesting to finally see those petrified tree stumps & it is good to have that sense of ancient history & picture the Caledonian forest running rampant, before the city planners got a hold of the area.

No comments: