Thursday, May 01, 2008







































A Man Who Knew Stuff

Synchronicity banging on my door every day, perhaps it is near my exit time.

Yesterday a phone call from New Zealand catching up after 30+ years. Today an email after a 9 year gap in communication, so perhaps it is time to get my ship in order.

Maybe it is because I am now working on the banks of the Clyde, just like my father, my grandfather & my great grandfather that makes me so nostalgic?

How to be remembered? Best 54+ striker Scotland has ever produced? I fear that I peaked last Friday, getting 3 carefully, crafted, goals within the first five minutes, putting my side well out of sight of the opposition.

Perhaps, it goes with the territory, Librarians are expected to ‘know stuff’. I would wish to be remembered as someone who ‘knew stuff’. I am sure that most of my esoteric & arcane knowledge is totally irrelevant to the rest of the world………e.g. best psychedelic or drone albums of 1969!

No comments: