Wednesday, March 21, 2007





Song of the Highwire Shrimper


Following on from Archimedes Badkar. This indeed has been a revelation. The 2nd album in particular has me thinking I am listening to either Soft Machine’s 3rd album or ‘Wire’ magazine’s featured artist, Terry Riley’s - Poppy Nogood.

As I listened to it this a.m. from 7.00 a.m. the street sounds, e.g. bleepy electronic car keys, passing emergency vehicle, children’s voices on the way to school & birds morning choruses, washed in to the perfect overall soundscape.

I have been listening to Radio 3’s Mixing Programme for 16 years, since the start. In their wisdom, the bbc has pulled it.Why??


Fortunately, Resonance FM has given the boys a slot. However, I used to pick it up under the listen again umbrella & as yet Resonance doesn’t have this facility!

The heading refers to a track on Tim Hecker’s Radio Amor. I was enjoying this & raving about it to anyone who would listen (no-one!) & there was a review in the ‘Wire’ stating everything I had thought about the album. It’s great when someone re-enforces opinions you already hold.

No comments: