Sunday, March 25, 2007



Beattie Scores Again & Saves His Country




Life doesn’t get any better than this? A last minute goal against Georgia lifts a whole nation of also rans & victims of Imperialism into what we really are & that, this a country deserving of respect & self-determination.

Beattie’s goal gave us our pride back. I watched the game on tv & the atmosphere was electric. Driving back home from my In-laws & listening to the events post match, there was something huge happening.

I wouldn’t tempt fate & go along to those optimistic ally mcleod days, but there is just an outside chance, we could be at the top table & qualify for the European Championships. Commentators are saying this is what it is like to win ugly! This is despite the fact that we have Italy & France in our group!

We all know how often we get these impossible draws while England get the minnows. I will save that conspiracy theory for another day.

After such a boost, I knew that the gig with the happy highlanders would be a blast. Although they are having a harrowing time at this moment, Jackie Leven @ King Tuts was just the diversion they required.

I have seen the great man at the same venue maybe a year ago, I will have to check this blog’s archives for an answer. His new cd ‘Oh What a Blow that Phantom Dealt Me!’, is packed with superb songs. Seeing him perform live however gives another dimension to his art. His voice for me cannot be beaten.

No comments: