Sunday, March 04, 2007




Afro Harps

There it is I have done it again. You make all these plans & then something else comes along & you get pulled in another direction.

Sun Ra’s ‘Sunrise in Different Dimensions’ started the whole shebang.

I just acquired a copy of another Dorothy Ashby cd ‘Afro Harping’ ‘big wow factor’ on this one folks. I have gone on at length about her other cds on these pages. This one has been playing all morning end to end.

You can see where Alice Coltrane (r.i.p.) got many of her ideas.

On that desert island, I would love to have a pile of Dorothy Ashby, Alice Coltrane, Sun Ra, Martin Denny, Moondog, Sun City Girls, Miles Davis, dvd highlights of my last 500 ‘tap-ins’ from my 5-a-side matches & a copy of the Dewey Decimal Classification latest edition. (Only kidding about the latter!).

No comments: