Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tight Connection to My Heart

Weeks left before I say goodbye to my Granpa Beattie, who used to sit & smoke his briar on a seat in the park, where the current Clydebank College lies. I can still see & remember where we both sat 50 years ago. This time I am puffing the briar, the seat has gone, the park is still there, but the college is on the move & sadly I am going with it.

Strangely enough he is coming with me as we are now moving to the spot, where he used to work. My own father worked in the same shipyard. My great grandfather just worked across the road in the public cludgie. He was only to leave his place of work to get married for the 3rd time @ 82. This meant his son & grandson (my father) would have taken the day off work to attend his wedding. All these old ghosts are around me as I write.


No comments: