Saturday, July 07, 2007



Fish on Friday






Life can be so strange sometimes. I was expecting my friend Linda to drop off some Ling from Mull. As I had been up north, she had frozen it.

I had told my wife & son that she would be coming up with the fish. I had nipped into another room when a woman arrived at the door stating here is your fish that is £3.90. I managed to intercept my wife & son on their way to pay for fried fish from the Ferry Fryer.

I asked the woman what was the name & address for the delivery. The address was hours, but the name was for 2 of my neighbours across the road. This is a problem when most of the neighbours in your street are related to each other!

Anyway, the Ling arrived later & it is a gift. However, this was not the end of this silly episode. I had told Linda we had huge pampas grass in the garden (Linda laughed at this as she is sure it is a sign of a ‘swinger’- not true in our case, by the way), however I have since realised there is another house further up the street (not related to us at all!) who have pampas grass in their ‘swinging?’ garden.

Finding space in our freezer can be a challenge sometimes, especially for a bag of huge fish. However my wife issued a sharp karate kick, that not only pushed the fish into a gap but also broke the freezer drawer. Her reply was those drawers break very easily. It’s a mad, mad, mad world.

No comments: