Saturday, July 07, 2007

Do the Funky Chicken

Finally got around to seeing Electric Chicken Feathers live. What an experience! I caught them @ Rio Café in Partick, a café that is supposed to serve the best coffee in Glasgow.

I even managed to drag my wife along & she hates jazz. Without a shadow of doubt ECF are the best Russian Jazz duo playing in Glasgow at the moment. Catch them if you can.

I am trying to get Leo, the keyboard player to listen to Jimi Tenor, as I feel an injection of bizarre, Finnish, Funk into the repertoire, would enhance the experience even more.

As usual in Glasgow, people just talk to each other & I was discussing the healthy state of Scottish jazz & how it has always been the case in my memory. The older chap at the next table & myself were sharing memories of Saturday afternoons in the Amphora, Sauchiehall Street listening to big band jazz.

We also talked about my favourite jazz topic, i.e. the difficulties of trying to find British jazz of the 60s, 70s on cd.


No comments: