Monday, July 16, 2007

Jazz Rock

When will that jazz rock revival take place. No, I don’t mean acid jazz.

I don’t really need the revival as it’s never really gone away from our house. To be truthful recently I have managed to get some longed for classics like If I & If II & a live If album & some decent Brian Auger cds. I have always listened to Soft Machine & the offshoots & Blood, Sweat & Tears & early Chicago (i.e. only the Chicago Transit Authority (the first) album.

I have also recently got my hands on some Graham Bond & Nucleus cds.

Then there was all that jazzy stuff from the Vertigo label that has appeared at our place…..e.g. Accolade, Gracious, Affinity, Bob Downes………….the list goes on…….even more mainstream artists like East of Eden & High Tide had a lot of jazz raga happening.


No comments: