Monday, July 16, 2007



Boxing

A slight departure for these pages, but I feel that something has to be stated about the sport in the UK.

Last night although I am a big Amir Khan fan, I was hoping Willie Limond would have held onto his Commonwealth title as Scottish champions in the sport are rather thin on the ground these days due to the silly antics of Scott Harrison.

Although it was a terrific contest the young challenger won. Deservedly so in my opinion.

The next fight on show was an absolute travesty. I am not a fan of Matt Skelton as he just uses his 40 years of fat & evil to bully his opponents. He did so last night to Michael Sprott. This was without doubt the worst heavyweight fight I have ever seen. It is embarrassing that this is the best Britain can produce at this level.

I cannot remember a period when the UK had such rubbish pretending to be heavyweight boxers. I mean Audley Harrison, what a shambles.

Let us hope that Alex Arthur does his country proud next week. Scotland seems to produce some superb lighter weight fighters, I don’t know why, but I am glad that we have boxers to be proud of when they get into the ring.

No comments: