Saturday, October 18, 2008
















Marches


For anyone who really knows me, it would come as no surprise, that I would be listening to Lawrence Abu Hamdan’s Marches e.p. at 8 a.m. on a Saturday.




This is 18 minutes (2 tracks) from an artwork involving a sound piece of ? people marching, although it sounds more like walking fast. I am reminded of flamenco beats.




For me I was disappointed that there was not more sounds elsewhere leaking into the piece, but there you go you can’t have everything!

This album will find a place beside some of the rather obscure cds in my collection e.g. like ‘Dog Pound, Found Sound’ that amazing double cd of dogs barking non-stop. I would recommend playing this on constant repeat, if you are going on holiday & you don’t want the neighbours to raid your fridge.




Perhaps this might be a regular update on this blog ‘obscure objects of delight’….i am sure I have other cds in the same vein as the 2 mentioned above. I will sleep on this.

No comments: