Monday, October 06, 2008







Alone in the Dark Forest


Sometimes it does you some good to lose yourself in a dark wood. You know the edge of the forest, where no-one ever goes, because the sun never reaches it.

You feel the temperature drop suddenly & it is damp & you can smell the dampness & see how the frost is never far away from this hidden, inaccessible, corner.

I often search out these lesser known tracks. Today I did so & found myself lost & directionless. I could not see above or through the forest & I kept ploughing deeper into the dark places.

The stillness & the peace & quiet make it all worthwhile. It can be difficult to find this solace anywhere.

I am reminded of the desert, when a few wrong decisions, a couple of wrong turns or guesses can put you in mortal danger.

On a personal level, I really do not worry overmuch, as there is a celestial navigator steering the ship.

No comments: