Sunday, April 20, 2008













































Mind How You Go

As a Librarian, I feel I am letting the side down because of a total lack of literary discussion on this blog. In order to address this issue I feel that a short article on the use of words should be appropriate.

Take for instance the phrase ‘Be Mindful’. I have heard ‘zen koan’ like mantra being used a lot lately.

This flashes me back to the 60s street signs, a childish appreciation & wonder at what science could do for us, the ‘I Spy’ books & a whole gamut of cd releases that relate to that naive period.

I have mentioned my fascination previously on this blog with artists on Mordant Records, Belbury Poly, the Owl Service……..etc….

I don’t know about you, maybe it is an age thing, but I enjoy those old 60s series: Adam Adamant, Avengers & films like ‘The Wicker Man’ & ‘The Quatermass Experiment’. There is just something weird about them. You just cannot put your finger on what it is.

There is something more eerie about aliens or mutants from outer space running riot, while there is a nice game of cricket being played on the village green & it is almost time for a nice cup of tea.

No comments: