Friday, April 18, 2008













































Life in a Scotch Sitting Room Part 33

I have always loved Jim O ‘Rourke version of ‘Women of the World’, but it is only recently that I discovered it was written by none other than our late, great national treasure: Ivor Cutler.

I have since obtained a copy of this & Jim O’Rourke’s version is fairly true to the original.

This discovery along with the fact that he was deeply involved in the Summerhill School another 60s/70s obsession of this writer pointed me to Wikipedia to learn some more.

Someone once described his work as that of, ‘exaggerated Scottishness’, I love that phrase, but it is perfect for Cutler.

I believe we should stop being British and go back to the old Whiskey Galore’ days when no-one understood us!

In addition, a Google search turned up this little gem that serves as an apt little endpiece to this or perhaps an epitaph:

‘No I Wont’

‘I’ll leave you with this thought

No, I wont. It will not be fair’

No comments: