Monday, February 04, 2008

















What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been

Staying indoors due to adverse weather conditions. Turning introspective.

My son & future daughter-in-laws failure to locate Airdrie Town Hall last night for the Pirates of Penzance, got us thinking this a.m. about the distance travelled.

Thinking about living under the, soon to be burnt, Grosvenor Hotel & the total madness of adapting to that first year of marriage & coping with the craziness around us.

Working in the Glasgow libraries, college in Manchester, back to Glasgow. Going to the Middle East twice, jobs in Bell College, Hamilton, Bearsden & Milngavie, North Lanarkshire, Kilmarnock & now back in Bankieland.

Thinking about the area around that has provided me with work….i.e. from Kilmarnock in the south to Cumbernauld in the north & the clapped-out vehicles that got me around this area.

There are many parts of this fair land, I would wish to see before the end. I have had the opportunity recently of visiting the islands of Mull, Iona & Arran. I do not really know the Borders or the Kingdom of Fife, hopefully I will get the chance to put this right.

At my luncheon date last Thursday, I was chatting to a girl who’s parents are selling an apartment in Pathos, Cyprus & this set me off dreaming of our wonderful last holiday abroad in 1992 on our return from the Middle East.

Certainly as the weather closes in again, I long for a long holiday in the sun.

No comments: