Sunday, February 24, 2008













































Storm Gardening for the Uninitiated

I will have to ask big Monty Don what kind of gardening it is, when you spend your time going around picking up plantpots, that have keeled over in the gales & re-planting bushes, who’s roots are exposed every time the wind speed picks up?

Each Sunday & even during the week this is how I have spent my time. I realise now with hindsight, now that my hanging baskets are in bits, that I should have wintered them in my hut.

Also I should have tied my plastic table & chairs together & attached them to something that could withstand daily windspeeds in excess of 80 mph.

If anyone requires evidence of global warming then check out my messy garden after these gales that are new to me.

No comments: