Saturday, January 27, 2007




Russian Choir

Last weekend we had been told about a performance by a Russian Choir in St Aloysius church in Rose St, Glasgow. My friend, Leo had told me it started @ 4 p.m., so although I had to take my wife to another church later that evening, we thought we could do both.

Unfortunately, on our arrival in the church, Leo informed me that his rehearsal was @ 4 pm & the live gig was @ 5 pm. We sat for a while & Leo was wiring up the p.a. & his wife & son were walking around. A sudden commotion drew my attention to one of the side altars. An old woman had fallen, while searching for her mobile phone. Strangely enough Mr Saidenough, (what a name!) & myself both ran to lady’s rescue simultaneously & took an arm each to lift her up.

This reaction by both of us, spoke volumes about the fact, that although there may be slippage in full understandings between myself & Leo as far as language goes, but when it comes to the basic human communication & feelings & motives: we are both exactly the same.

Despite the woman’s peril (she was actually ok, just a little shocked by the fall), the fact that we both reacted in the same way, shows that we are brothers under the skin & both contain hearts that beat to the same rhythm. I have strong faith in God & I will not try to hide this fact & the incident I have just described convinces me that someone or something pushed that woman to the floor to ensure what happened next: did!

Anyway, we could not stay for the performance, hopefully we will get to another. Midweek, Leo brought in a cd cover (cd to follow) as he recorded the gig. I will look forward to it!

No comments: