Friday, January 05, 2007















http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71y5CXgXg-I



The Focus Group in Belbury Poly

New Year, new attitude. How pleasant it was today walking down by my new place of work in July. I have a new mobile phone that houses an mp3 player, so I was listening to Belbury Poly & The Focus Group while I wandered through the building site. At least the rain had stayed off today for the first time since the start of November, 2006. I first heard of those 2 bands from an old ‘Wire’ feature. I was intrigued by the whole Ghost Box label & I recently acquired a selection of cds that are superb & the latest thing in my life.

I had to walk as it seems that my car might be passed its usefulness. Who needs a car anyway? Fortunately the high winds we have had in combination with the torrential rain had blown over the fences so that I could access the building site unchallenged. It was a bit disturbing from a security point of view to have spent a good hour wandering around without anyone else approaching me.

It was an emotional journey as I walked across the slipways that guided the big ships out of the yard. The ghosts of all those workers (including my father) weighed heavy on my shoulders, tears came & I picked up a ‘chuckie’ to take home to my garden in memory of those great feats.

On my return home, I had a quick lunch & then I borrowed my son’s bike for a cycle down the Forth & Clyde canal. The first dry day in such a long time & it felt so good to be outside & getting exercise. If I can only keep this up for the rest of the year???

No comments: