Friday, January 12, 2007



The Devil & Daniel Johnston ( number 9………..)

More 4 showed the premiere of this documentary this week. I had heard of him before, naturally, but I was not aware of how damaged he had become. I have always been a fan of ‘Outsider Music & Art’ since my youth.

I was reminded of Wild Man Fisher, but I would have to admit there is a raw beauty & purity that shines through. I have bits & pieces on cd that I have listened to recently & I will re-visit these with greater insight.

His obsession with the Beatles & the no 9 was interesting. I also find numbers mystical & the same numbers have followed me throughout my life. Its always been 3s & 9s. Everywhere I have lived has these numbers in there. Even while I am typing this I had missed a track from a cd & I copied it somewhere else & naturally it was the 9th track.

No comments: