Wednesday, April 29, 2009
















































Woodend Bowling & Lawn Tennis Club


Maybe I should not be allowed out on my own to gigs. I am still trying to straighten my bent head after the Arches with David Thomas Broughton.



Perhaps Alan @ the above WBLT should consider the latter for a future tour.

It was odd turning up at a gig & watching the young nimble ladies tap ball over the net & the old cosgers on the bowling greens (some vacancies I was informed by alan!)


Anyway Robin Adam was plagued by noisy leads or noisy connections & it took a while to get that sorted, but he did deserve his recent award.


The main attraction was of course, Dan Arborise, who I had recently missed @ the Fraser Centre in Milngavie.


He is billed as a cross between John Martyn & Nick Drake. I would put the percentages @ 90% John Martyn & 10 % Nick Drake, but he is much more than this. He is severely & screamingly talented & his own man.


Catch him when you can.

No comments: