Tuesday, April 07, 2009






































From the Campsie Glen to Balloch Castle

As the weekend was dry, I decided to get some walking done.

On the Saturday, I had my first proper walk up the Campsie Glen & it was then I realised how my body was aging rapido.

My thumping heart forced me to have a few breaks on the climb up. However my friend was surprised that I did not stop at the car park half way up & walk from there. I assured her that I saw this as cheating & would never consider doing that. On reflection, if there is a next time, I would do this as it would leave me the energy to explore further on the tops.

At the top, I was disappointed as you looked over towards Glasgow, however there was a terrific top of the world feeling at that height looking down onto the plains.

The next day was a different kind of walk mostly on the flat except the little incline up towards Balloch Castle.

I was pleasantly surprised as the suddenly splash of colour of the Rhododendrons & other plants, in amongst the bare trees.

There is a greater impact as many of these bushes are tree height.

No comments: