Tuesday, April 07, 2009






























Cullen Skink


Being on holiday as the sun came out, we set off to drive up the Crow Road. No not that one you ninny, the one that starts in Lennoxtown & climbs & climbs.

It is a bit like the practice ramp for the Rest & Be Thankful.

I had recently walked up this way through the Campsie Glen. As we drove around the back end of the Campsies, we had to stop at the celestial view of the mountains, absolutely outstanding & more so, as I was not expecting it.

As we headed into Killearn, we were hungry & stopped for a late lunch & I had a delightful & substantial plate of Cullen Skink.

Fast forward 24 hours & I am out for a walk on the Kilpatricks & just driving on the hill at Station Road, when snap went my accelerator cable & the car started sliding backwards down the gradient.

As an avid listener to Radio Scotland although not a fan of Tom Morton alas, I was a little perturbed to hear him banging on about Cullen Skink, as I phoned the breakdown lorry from my moby.

It is a funny old world & it’s full of clichés.

No comments: