Wednesday, April 29, 2009

































Death By Cheesecake


It has been a few weeks since I have slipped under the spell of the Ethiopean groove coming from Mulatu.

The cover above reminded me that I still only have 1 Tigrena (sp)/English dictionary although I now know of 7 Eritreans using my library.

In the Middle East I used to 'hang out' with the cool Eritreans & I have forgotten most of my vocabulary.

I am fascinated by this ancient language & Aramaic........it just looks so beautiful & takes me back to similar writing on a rock in the desert 100k from anywhere, where my Toyota Cressida let me down for a short period & we were stranded with no water but God blessed my wife & boys & we were saved again from certain death for the 3rd time in the kingdom.

In fact a previous student, who also worked in Riyadh knew some of the Eritreans drivers that I worked with. It is a strange place this world, for sure, Amen to that.

No comments: