Saturday, January 31, 2009









































I Have a Dream



I have been in so much pain since Wednesday, I thought I would list some excuses just like Boyd’s reasons for not playing for Scotland:



  • I believe I have sciatica & terrible pains down my leg & back
  • I am suffering from Post traumatic stress since gulf war 1


  • Mr X crunched me between his rugged shoulders & the gym wall last Wednesday
  • I was arrested twice in the same year at gunpoint in Greece & Afghanistan
  • I had to bribe my way into & then out of India & Nepal
  • My library was blown apart during Gulf War 1
  • I am at least a yard off the pace
  • My birth certificate states I am 56 & only fit for bowls or curling or a wii

  • Librarians are supposed to have a quiet life


On the other hand, I would not miss the game for anything & even although nobody except ‘the cat’ ever passes to me, a big thanks to everyone for your support & keeping me going despite the age factor & the aches & pains


After I issued this disclaimer, I broke all records & if I die tomorrow, I will have achieved legendary status, not as a librarian alas, but for scoring the fastest hat-trick as I scored 3 goals in 3 minutes (all from 3 yards, but that is the sign of a quality striker!) in the college 5-a-side game.


No comments: