Thursday, January 29, 2009






















I Dig A Pony


Whenever I try to explain to people what usually happens to me during the day, I get a sense & I can see from their face & body language that they do not believe one word.

Take an example of the other day when I had to go out to Stirling. It was a frozen, frosty morning, but I just sprayed my windscreans with de-icer & passed the de-icer across the hedge to my daughter-in -law, who sprayed hers turned the engine & sped off.

I could not get in the car as all the doors had frozen up. Eventually by having a brainwave that made me spray the key & the lock I got in!


Eventually I got the engine started, but I still could not open the driver's door, even although by now, I could not close the passenger door.


Brainwave 2: by tieing the seatbelt around the passenger door, I could keep it shut a little bit, except going round corners & where the ice was especially treacherous.

I was running late by now, so I had no option but take this risky route up the backroads to Stirling with the door flying open..


All that bedouin training was worthwhile

No comments: