Sunday, January 27, 2008












































Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack

I am back playing 5 a side on Wednesdays. If the truth was told it was 6 vs 7 last week.

My team mates have such ridiculously high expectations of me. I have not played since before xmas. I admit that my match fitness left something to be desired.

However at 54 years of age & playing against an opposition that included among it’s rank: one quality under 18 years old & two others in their twenties & despite the fact that I scored a hat trick (one from outside the penalty box!), my colleagues still moaned at my effort.

I do not want to stir trouble, but I have to say that I covered more ground in the game than many others. Also I tracked back to defend, whenever we lost the ball.

I am away to sulk & listen to something related to previous ‘angel’ posts: Nice – Azrial (angel of death) to cheer myself up!

Time to pause for thought. In the words of Lothar & the Hand People: Today is only yesterday’s tomorrow.

No comments: