Wednesday, January 23, 2008
















































Ambient Fridges

Just because I am branching out in other directions & widening my musical tastes, does not mean I have given up the ghost on the sound of the glitch, the fans, the fridge, the birds, water, the rush of traffic & all the other ambient sounds that make up our rich daily lives.

I was telling one of the other chaps, who still shares this house with me, that I have to open the bathroom window in the a.m., not because of any unsavoury smells, but because I just love the ambient sounds drifting in through the open windows, especially early in the a.m.

Alternative echoes of this sound can be heard in the work of Andrew Chalk (ex-Mirror) & his new album ‘Time of the Hayfield’ is special.

In between I have been listening to Moth Electric’ ‘Lil’ & this drinks from the same fountain.

No comments: