Monday, December 10, 2007

Bin Down so Long, It Seems Like Up to Me

No excuses. Why have I taken a while to update. Well I have been busy with the last of the concerts at the Fraser Centre, Milngavie: Andy Irvine. He was outstanding.

Also managed to cram in some undirected reading.

I started Christopher Brookmyre’s ‘A Tale Etched in Blood & Hard Pencil’ while up @ Glenmore. It is an excellent story about a Catholic school childhood in the Central Belt. I honestly could not put it down.

There is of course a knock on effect, I am struggling for time with my 3 novels in 6 weeks for the Reading Group from Clydebank Library & the 1 title per month for the College Reading Group. (Stress for librarians!)

Fortunately, I have read the Fanatic by James Robertson for the latter, however I am on still on the first book for the public library: Jane Harris’s ‘The Observations’, but its this thick. It is a gripping tale of Scottish life & very much along similar lines to Patrick McGill’s ‘Children of the Dead End’, a novel that still haunts me.


No comments: