Wednesday, November 14, 2007



White Bicycles






I would like to re-state it was Robin Williamson I went to see last week and not Robbie Williams as you might suspect.

Robin, not Robbie, did mention Joe Boyd’s book on the folk revival UK. I felt guilty as I had the book from a local library & had not got around to reading it.

As I was on hols I made a great effort & read it. It was a bit disappointing I did expect it to be better. He did mention (as did Robin) that he thought Mike & Robin were always at the scrapping: not true!

The beginning of the book is mostly about the USA & jazz & Newport Festivals. The bit I was concerned about didn’t take up much of the book & there was not much detail.

There is, I fear, the need for an in-depth, look at this early period…e.g. Bert Jansch trip to North Africa, Clive Palmer’s journey to Afghanistan, Davey Graham’s impact, John Martyn’s early days…………..

No comments: