Saturday, November 24, 2007

Library Music


















Listening to Janek Schaefer’s Recital from the Old Library (an item well below the radar, but a classic in this writer’s opinion) & I noticed in this month’s ‘Wire’, that he has been nominated in the New Media category of the British Composer of the Year 2007. Not before time, I reckon anyone who mentions libraries walks on water.

On that theme I would admit to having a great passion for the genre called Library Music. I have been exposed to a lot of this lately: Bosworth & Chappels Music for Dancefloors, De Wolfe, KPM. In addition, I am mixing this with those quality Italian soundtracks…e.g. Morricone, Nardini, Umiliani…..etc……

Point of Information: the 2nd SLIC FE Conference in taking place on the 23rd November 2007 in the Cunard Suite of Clydebank College. I understand a visit to the grooviest library in the world may be on the agenda.

No comments: