Friday, November 02, 2007

Back From The Dead



The oldest, quality, 5-a-side player clawed his way back from an injury that would have halted someone, who had the least modicum of common sense.

However, I did take a few minor precautions. I purchased a pair of cheap shin guards that meant I was dressed like an ice hockey goalkeeper on the pitch. At least it might scare the other players. I had a goal & injury free game. However after the match & the shower, I could not find my football shorts that also housed my boxer shorts. I asked the players who were still around, but to no avail.

It was with great embarrassment, that I had to go ‘commando’ back to work in the library. I immediately put an ‘all alert’ bulletin out via email. I had enough sense just to target my fellow players & not a general message to the whole college!

Naturally, I got my fair share of humorous replies, I did ask if it was some kind of sick ‘trophy thing’ & people did put others in the frame suspecting they had already sold them on eBay!

I did get them back someone had taken them in error, exactly as I thought, but now I have so many aches & pains throughout my whole body. This is where the age factor does come into play. I have a week to recover.


No comments: