Friday, June 01, 2007



Up the Whangie

It is a short distance between the Khyber Pass & the pass through the gorge on the Whangie. I don’t know why but I have been thinking a lot about those high places in the world. I am often thinking about those hill stations in India or the teahouses in Katmandu or other parts of the Himalayas.

Teahouses seem to enter my thoughts a lot now. I can clearly see those diners in the Trudos mountains in Cyprus. Anyway, I know it’s a short walk up the Whangie from the car park, but sadly there was no tea house present at the top. Although what there was as a view takes your breath away (maybe that was the climb?).

Note to self: go out & walk more on the hills. I mentally make a note of this every year & although I do get out walking, I feel that I still don’t do nearly enough.

No comments: