Wednesday, June 20, 2007


Mull Mussels & Web 2.0



There is something so perfect about eating mussels picked on Sunday on Mull & given to me in the library on Monday a.m. & eaten at lunchtime.

As mentioned in a previous post: did these mussels great grandfathers feed my great grandfather in Tobermory?

I am getting more involved in web 2.0 technology. I am a great believer in the tools that put pc power back into the hands of normal people & take it away from the ‘techies’.

I am also involved in attending another British Council book launch @ Glasgow’s lighthouse. This venue was a bit of a disappointment for me as it had won so many prestigious architectural awards. The excellent book was ‘ From the Outside In- refugees in British Society’. There were some readings by a Palestinian writer now living in Glasgow, Iyad Hayatleh.

This follows on from a similar launch of a title on British Muslims a couple of years before.

Who says a librarian’s life is boring?

No comments: