Sunday, June 17, 2007




Psychedelia & Garage



I have been busy trying to get the vast music library I now have into some kind of order.

I just discovered that my cd player will play mp3 & wma discs. This means, instead of not being able to move in our house for fear of knocking over piles of cds, I can get perhaps 10 or 12 cds onto 1 disc.

This is what has been taking up a lot of my time recently. Also it has focused me to listen to some lost gems. Apart from the usual classics e.g. 13th Floor Elevators, Chocolate Watch Band, Seeds, Electric Prunes, Misunderstood, Strawberry Alarm Clock………etc..I have discovered Pete Dello & Friends & The Beat of the Earth. The latter is a psychedelic drone feast of dynamic proportions. Not only that but at the 20 minute mark we have a psychedelic bagpipe bash. I suspect this is the run-off at the end of the first side of the vinyl. What a freakout! Dig it baby!

This is the second time I have played it on repeat this morning as I write this. It is 8 a.m. this Sunday morning, my neighbours were so freaked they called the cops & there are helicopters outside like in ‘Apocalypse Now’ & we are back in ‘Nam man’. There are tear gas (good Scottish band!) canisters flying through my windows, but I wave my hands in the air like I just don’t care, man this is the freakiest groove.

No comments: