Tuesday, June 19, 2007



Electric Chicken Feathers

No sooner has the West Dunbartonshire Book Festival finished, when its up & out again to the West End Festival.

I have a deep passion for samba & bossa nova rythms & the samba parade down Byres Road is a regular even for ¾ of my family.

In the midst of all this activity there is also the Glasgow annual Mela @ Kelvingrove Park. This colourful bland of different cultures is what we in a free Scotland would welcome with open arms. I did my bit this year by helping to put up the Palestinian stall at the gate.

Next up we have the Glasgow Jazz Festival, but personally I am more concerned about catching the Gamelan event @ revamped Kibble Palace in the Botanic Gardens. I caught this event a few years ago & I am anxious to attend again.

All these above events have grown so much over the years. There is a lot ‘gowing’ on in Glasgow.

In fact, I was deeply honoured to be invited to a performance by my friend, Leo’s jazz band, ‘Electric Chicken Feathers’. They have a modern approach to jazz standards. Nice!

Leo is also part of the superb Russian Choir mentioned earlier in this blog.

No comments: