Tuesday, October 31, 2006



Happiness is a Warm Gun

Did everyone get Mr Lennon’s play on words when this track appeared on the ‘White Album’?

Cataloguing new books I came across an intriguing title by Richard Layard ‘Happiness’.

He states: ‘today most of us are richer, healthier, and have better homes, cars, food and holidays than ever before. But we are no happier than we were fifty years ago. What is going on?’

This certainly echoes my own beliefs. These thoughts have been with me since my sojourns into the Far East in the early 70s, where Buddhist concepts about the transitive nature of happiness/sadness & joy/sorrow often occupied a piece of my fertile mind.

Without getting too deep: how many times have you truly been happy in this life? How long did this feeling last?

Turning this around: how many times have you been so sad? How long did this moment last?

No comments: