Sunday, October 29, 2006



Free Your Mind

And your ass will follow. What with my younger son going to see James Brown in Glasgow & that informative documentary on George Clinton last night, we sure are having a funkee good time @ our house.

That was until I foolishly decided to take a week’s holiday & ended up with a debilitating cold/flu.

Keeping on that 70s funk theme, I am listening to Donny Hathaway singing ‘The Ghetto’ live as I write this. I must admit I was totally engrossed in the Motown sound when I was growing up & only came to the real deal later in life.

Its only a couple of years since I first obtained Funkadelic’s first album. It is so good. In fact most of the early albums are excellent. He did lose the place(some would say big style!). Last night’s documentary went a long way in explaining why this happened.

For me on a personal level, I think his biggest mistake was marrying Hilary, although she could be the next president of the USA, maybe that was the Mothership Connection.

No comments: