Friday, August 01, 2008










































You Can Pull No Punches, but You can’t Push the River

I cannot explain it & it has only happened since the re-location of my place of work, but I am becoming obsessed by rivers.

Recent death - defying trips down the River Findhorn aside, I am spending a lot of time by rivers.

Even on that weekend on the River Findhorn, I also managed a riverside walk by the Spey.

This compulsion might include my favourite local stretches of water: the Kelvin, Cart, Clyde, Leven & I cannot exclude the fascinating Forth & Clyde Canal.

I did mention before, that I knew it was a Celtic thing, but I was very happy living alongside the Ganges in Benares/Varanasi a long time ago.

I enjoy being around the bbc hq & the Science Centre in Glasgow because of their proximity to the river.

I am off now to listen to one of my favourite Brian Eno tracks, yes you guessed it: By This River.

No comments: