Friday, August 01, 2008
















































Ken Kesey, Babbs & Neal Cassidy Drove Our School Bus



I find it fascinating as I listen to Heron this a.m., that I am hearing for the very first time many of those 60s/70s releases that disappeared into obscurity at the time.

Steven Stapleton’s Nurse with Wound list has a lot to do with the re-discovery of this ephemera as has Devendra Banhart & the freak folk movement.

The latter has raised Vashti Bunyan into the limelight & I first heard Linda Perhacs ‘Parallelograms not long after.

My own personal favourites from this period include: Comus, Jan Dukes de Grey, Perry Leopold, Pearls Before Swine, Tom Rapp & especially Oriental Sunshine’s ‘dedicated to the Bird we Love’.

Also I have been able to obtain digital copies of all those obscure Incredible String Band & Pentangle albums thanks to the increased level of awareness across the pond.

Now if I only had a little more time.

No comments: