Sunday, August 17, 2008






























Urban Myth


I was invited by my daughter-in-law up to their house for fresh coffee (she was headed out) & my neighbour told me this fascinating, but far-fetched tale about a deer holding up the 10.00 a.m. train to Glasgow. It was on the tracks at Yoker Station.

This all sounds like one of those urban myths. I did encourage my children to use their imagination & I took great delight in filling their heads with stories jam-packed full of Celtic elaboration, but this takes the biscuit.

I was telling my 5 year old friend this story as he will start at the school, next to the station. I do not know if he understood, he mentioned ‘lovehearts’ when I said ‘deer’….perhaps he was thinking ‘dear’ & those kids romantic sweets……….i had to mention reindeer & then he was suggesting santa left it there since xmas.

No comments: