Monday, August 11, 2008











































Crop Rotation




Ok this was to be today’s playlist: Spoils of War self-titled, rare album from back in the heady 60s & Spirit’s ‘Son of Spirit’ (the Spirit album I am least familiar with), but I was diverted, as often happens, by a newer cd by the Franciscan Hobbies (did the Franciscans have hobbies? Perhaps they did gardening…ect…) – ‘Walls are Stuck’ and strangely enough I got stuck on a track about angels: ‘Asmodeus’.

This dire wet summer has also shaped this playlist of late to include all those artists that lift me up: Sufjan Stevens, Vetiver, Devendra Banhart, Kings of Convenience, Beirut, High Llamas, Animal Collective, Panda Bear…….Joanna Newsome & recently Josephine Foster.

I was almost put off of the latter by listening to a mini album of what can only be described as depressing leider, but her other cds are much better.

No comments: