Tuesday, July 22, 2008




















































More Psychogeography


I am related to the MacAlpines on my grandma’s side & thus to the kings of Scotland, so it was only fitting that one of my sons should get wed in Dumbarton, an area of such rich historical importance.

Strangely enough, I often meet Simon Lennox, who’s father & he himself are colleagues at the college. Being named Lenox in this area has a definite historical significance.

As I looked around the younger males at the wedding, I flashed back to earlier times in history & I could visualise Jaime & David in period costume reflecting their hirsute appearance.

Naturally this idea was dropped into my head, as I was dressed in period costume myself, as were the other males in the wedding party.

I Know some might scoff at the crazy notion of a ‘sense of place’, ‘déjà vu’ & all that, but there was a ‘solid air’ around this event, there was a lot more going on than just a wedding. Perhaps, I am reading too much into this, but there was a total special atmosphere going on in the shadow of the rock & the castle.

I believe all the guests could sense this.

Personally, it gave me such an opportunity to meet up with some guests, who had not met since my own wedding 33 years ago. (There is that significant number again!).

I would like to thank my son & his wife (my new daughter) for allowing this gathering of the elders to take place.

There is a further sub theme going on here, as the Pacettas are very active on the pro-Palestinian front, when they were only a stone’s throw from the viscera of Robert the Bruce another king of Scotland, who always wanted to visit Palestine (for all the wrong reasons!) & who wished his heart to end up there (although it may have gone to Montrose?).

Also the elders & my own amigos all had a shared experience further up the river at the Gavinburn Bus Garage, where we all worked as bus conductors & where we forged this friendship that has lasted all this time. This are has also deep roots as it is the site of a large Roman fort & sits on the Antonine Wall, now granted World Heritage status.

No comments: