Wednesday, July 16, 2008














































Blows Against the Empire



Yes, I can see myself in my flares, puffing on a chillum, when someone would dare suggest that almost 40 years later, I would now be groovin’ to the sounds of the 5th Dimension & The Free Design.

At the time they were so uncool, easily dismissed as we slipped more Jefferson Airplane or the Dead vinyl onto the Dansette.

Now I am actively searching out those albums. What does that mean?

Incidentally, the groom caught me grooving to the 5th Dimension this a.m. & he thought it was Petula Clark. Yesterday in a brave attempt to try & tidy up my loft I did have a Petula Clark cd in my grubby mitts. It’s a strange old world innit.

Talking about remarkable coincidences & the rest, one of the Happy Highlanders, who had not visited this blog for a few days & had left out some cds to play during the day, ones he had not played for ages. He then went to work & checked the blog to find me raving about the Blue Nile. Yup you guessed right, one of the cds he was about to play, for the first time in years was: Blue Nile.

No comments: